the circuit bending workshop
This wiki page is a placeholder for information about the workshop and will serve as a work-in-progress up until the day of the event. After the workshop, this page can serve to hold links to online documentation.
The following stubs will need to be developed in greater detail:
- Potentiometers - approx 60?
- Headphone jacks - approx 30
- LEDs - misc.
- Hookup wire - cheap/scrap (but still needed!)
- Extra batteries, batteries, and batteries
- Switches - approx 100? (Bought 50 spdt)
- Soldering irons to borrow for workshop - more the merrier - (10 bought, plus loaners should be fine)
- A few extra spools of solder - 100 grams bought (enough?)
- Toys or similar to cannibalize - done
Components can be bought in lots from ebay and sponsored by donations. Toys/etc. need to be bought local.
- Manage donations
- Sponsorship for food on workshop day?
- Document video/photos/audio
- Posters for directions on workshop day
The room at PNCA basically looks like this. It's quite a bit larger than the picture shows and can probably fit 30 pretty easily. My number was based on approximately two people per working surface.
Organize food on the day of the workshop? The schedule doesn't currently have a break for this.
Out of pocket expenses