I just got these beauties from Mouser today:
This is one of the first of the ATXMega line of chips, and _boy_ what a beautiful chip:
* 8 USARTS.
* 4 i2c busses
* 4 SPI busses
* AES and DES Cryptoengines
* 2 eight-channel, 12-bit ADCs
* 2 two-channel, 12-bit DACs,
* a built in 32kHz factory calibrated oscillator for the Real-time Clock
* built in 2MHz and 32MHz factory calibrated oscillators
* A 31x PLL which can be used as the system clock (for a top chip speed of 200MHz).
All for $6.40 a chip, quantity 10.
Now I need to make a board for it.
I might try doing a seeedstudio run.